This idea (and the picture) comes from our founder’s dad. He is always looking for innovative ways to use his 1Eatz egg kits. He likes to use his electric egg boiler with a steamer attachment to steam the eggs. You can use whatever steaming method you prefer. The recipe below uses the traditional hot water bath method that doesn't require any fancy equipment. For this you simply need a pot with a lid for hot water and a heat-proof bowl to steam the eggs!
1Eatz Egg Kit - Qty 1
Water - 2 Tbsp.
Eggs - Qty 2
Empty the contents of the Egg Kit into a heat-safe ceramic ramekin or a small bowl.
Add 2 tbsp of water. Make sure to evenly mix the contents so that there are no clumps.
Add 2 eggs and mix well.
Let the egg mix sit for about a minute.
Place the bowl with the egg mix in a pot.
Fill the pot with hot (not boiling) water to come halfway up the sides of the bowl.
Cover the pot and let the water simmer over low-medium heat for about 15 minutes or until eggs are set.
Turn the heat off and carefully lift the bowl from the pot and serve.
- Your 1Eatz eggs are loaded with vegetables and herbs and can be eaten without any sides, just like that.
- You can drizzle the eggs with hot sauce or other condiments of choice.
- Serve them alongside a handful of fresh greens (arugula, spinach, lettuce etc.)
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.