Savory Bread Pudding
Savory Bread Pudding
This savory bread pudding recipe and the picture comes from Ellen T. from
Hayward, WI. Ellen loves cooking and sharing pictures of her food taken from her iPhone. She was so kind to share with us this amazing bread pudding recipe made with Egg Kits.
The recipe uses only a few simple ingredients but is flexible enough that you can add additional ingredients of your own if you choose to do so. Ellen recommends making this bread pudding with the Mushroom, Red Bell Pepper and Green Onion Egg Kit. Try this recipe with that or with any other flavor that you prefer.
The following recipe makes enough for about two people, but can easily be doubled for more (See tips section at the end).
1Eatz Egg Kit - Qty 1
Whole milk - ¾ Cups + 2 Tbsp.
Large egg - Qty 1
Bread, cut into cubes and dried - 2 Cups (See tips below on drying)
Shredded gouda cheese (or cheese of your choice) - 1/3 Cup
Salt and pepper to taste
Cooking spray, oil or butter for greasing
Parsley for garnish
Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
Grease a small casserole dish (about 1 - 1.5 quarts) with cooking spray, oil or butter.
Empty the contents of the Egg Kit into a bowl. Add milk and make sure to evenly mix the contents so that there are no clumps.
Add salt and pepper to taste if desired.
Add egg and mix well. Let the mix stand for about a minute.
Place bread cubes and half the shredded cheese in prepared dish. Save the remaining cheese for later.
Pour egg mixture over bread and cheese in dish, pressing bread down into the liquid.
Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes or until puffed and a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Remove from oven, top with remaining cheese and let stand about 15 minutes.
Garnish with minced fresh parsley before serving.
- For best results, use a sturdy country style bread. To dry the bread cubes, you can leave them uncovered in the refrigerator overnight or dry them in the oven at 300° F for about 15 minutes.
- Feel free to add your favorite seasoning or additional fillings such as meats, herbs or vegetables.
- This recipe can easily be doubled. Simply double the ingredients being used and bake in a larger dish (about 2 quarts). Make sure to adjust the baking time by about 10-15 minutes. Always insert a toothpick or sharp knife in the center to make sure it comes out clean.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.