This recipe and the images came from Lynette S., an author based out of Raleigh, NC, who loves trying out new recipes and shares the outcome frequently on Instagram. Here she has created a super easy version of breakfast egg soufflé, with a perfectly flakey crust topped with flavorful, savory egg filling.
This recipe uses one Egg Kit and makes two servings. Because it is so easy and takes only a few minutes to prep, it is
bound to become your favorite go to breakfast pastry!
1Eatz Egg Kit - Qty 1
Water - 2 Tbsp.
Eggs - Qty 2
Sour cream - 1 Tbsp.
Cooking spray or oil
Frozen puff pastry sheet (pre-made) - Cut into 2 squares, approximately 4"x4".
Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
Empty the contents of the Egg Kit into a bowl.
Add 2 tablespoons of water. Make sure to evenly mix the contents so that there are no clumps.
Add eggs and sour cream and mix well.
Grease a large muffin pan or 2 single-serve oven-safe ramekins with cooking spray or oil.
Place a puff pastry square in each ramekin (or muffin pan slot).
Bake the puff pastries (without topping) in the oven for about 5 minutes until lightly puffed up, then remove from the oven.
Divide the egg mixture evenly on top of the two puff pastry squares.
Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until cooked through.
- You can drizzle the eggs with hot sauce or other condiments of choice.
- Serve the pastries alongside a handful of fresh greens (arugula, spinach, lettuce etc.)
- You can throw in some additional ingredients in the egg mixture if you like (bacon, peppers, cheese etc.)
- Before you pop the egg mixture in the oven, you can also brush the puff pastry edges with some butter or egg wash. This step is optional, but will give the edges an extra golden sheen.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.